ISO 27001 Protects Vital Sensitive Data
no matter how large or small the organization may be.
ISO 27001 (ISO/IEC 27001) helps organizations treat data security seriously and confidently. It is implemented through documented systems and processes that are designed to guard against the risk of security breaches or misuse of data while ensuring compliance to legal requirements. The ISO 27001 2013 (Information and Data Security) standard is used as a basis for an ISMS (Information Security Management Systems).
“Cyber-attacks are among the greatest risks an organization can face in today’s environment of computer hacking.”
A company with an ISO 27001 (ISO/IEC 27001) Quality Management System (QMS) can demonstrate corporate due diligence and show compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements regarding data security, privacy and IT governance. It requires the implementation of training and awareness throughout the organization which will produce cost savings through reduction in incidents.
At the most simple level, it will give clients and suppliers the confidence to trust the organization and its protection of data.
An ISO Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a comprehensive approach to keep confidential corporate information secure. It encompasses people, processes and IT systems and helps your business coordinate your security efforts consistently and cost effectively. ISO 27001 (ISO/IEC 27001) is the standard that will help a company not only develop this ever-important Information Security Management System, but it will help ensure the ISMS is integrated, comprehensive and incorporates internationally recognized best practices.
If you store any type of data, your organization could be at risk of becoming a victim of theft, misuse or fraud activity.
– Edward Humphreys (ISMS Developer)
ISO 27001 Helps Demonstrate Commitment to Information Security
It’s easy to understand why clients and customers wouldn’t do business with a company if they cannot promise to keep their information protected. After all, data is one of the most valuable assets any business has today. And right now, companies are more vulnerable to security threats than ever before. An ISMS will protect a business from threats, including internet fraud, PC or laptop theft, transaction data and more.
The benefits of adopting an ISMS are plentiful:
- It protects critical and sensitive information
- It provides a comprehensive, risk-based approach to secure information and data
- Demonstrates credibility, trust, satisfaction and confidence with stakeholders, partners and customers
- Adheres to security status according to internationally accepted criteria
- Creates market differentiation
- Globally accepted certification
To learn more about what ISO 27001 certification will do for your company, contact CVG Strategy today.
Manage Risk, Safeguard Information and Protect Your Company’s Reputation.
No doubt your company has worked tirelessly and spent a lot of money to establish and protect its brand. Yet loss, fraud, misuse or abuse of information leaves a black mark against a business that may take a long time to recover, if ever. It’s important to remember that any business holding data on individuals or companies is a target for fraud, theft, misuse or abuse and not restricted to large companies or those in the financial industry. Most companies have a number of information security controls, but without an ISMS, controls can be disorganized and disjointed.
(ISO/IEC 27001) specifies a management system intended to bring security under explicit management control. It mandates specific requirements that include:
- Management-directed security policy
- Organization of information security
- Asset management
- Human resources security for employees joining, moving and leaving an organization
- Physical and environmental security to protect computer facilities
- Management of technical security controls in systems and networks
- Control access to restrict rights to networks, systems, applications, functions, and data
- Building security into information systems acquisition, development, and maintenance
- Information security incident management to anticipate and respond to information security breaches
- Protect, maintain and recover business-critical processes and systems
- Compliance to information security policies, standards, laws, and regulations
- ISO 27001 applies the process model “Plan-DO-Check-Act (PDCA).
Achieving ISO 27001 (ISO/IEC 27001) certification demonstrates that an organization is committed to delivering quality systems through an internationally recognized process
How Can We Help?
Take a look around our site and contact us for more information on how we can help you meet your challenges.
Apple Drops Plans for iCloud Full Encryption As reported by Reuters on January 22, 2020, Apple has dropped plans for full encryption of the iCloud