EZ-Test Plan Immersion MIL-STD-810H Method 512.6 for Ground Mobile Applications
This template (Ground Mobile M512 6 Immersion 810H) is customized for Ground Mobile Systems. Typically, this is to be used in, on or with a vehicle that is mobile with either a human operator or autonomously. This EZ-Test Plan Test Plan Template is developed for use by manufacturers, contractors, engineering service companies and test labs. This document employs the format specified in DOD MIL-STD-810 Task 405.
This EZ-Test Plan Template is customized for per MIL-STD-810H Method 512.6 Procedure II Shallow Fording. Additionally, this test procedure is compliant with NATO STANAG 4370-3 AECTP-300 Method 307.
A properly structured test plan ensures that testing is performed as specified by the product developer and prevents over or under test of the test item. It also provides instruction for collection of data necessary for post-test analysis and data required for test replication (e.g. location of accelerometers and thermal sensors).
This EZ-Test Plan Template Set (Ground Mobile M512 6 Immersion 810H) includes:
- Test Plan Template (protected PDF). This document, pert the requirements of MIL-STD-810 provides procedures applicable to aircraft military applications.
- Test Plan Addendum (Word document). This document is to be completed by the customer to document Unit Under Test (UUT) specific data. This data includes modes of operation, pass/fail criteria, and functional and operational tests to be performed during the procedure as required by MIL-STD-810.
- Test Lab Form (PDF Form). This form communicates to lab the procedure to be performed, tailored test parameters, and test report requirements specified by MIL-STD-810.
- Test Data Form. (PDF Form). This document allows for entry of all pretest, during test, and post test information as required by MIL-STD-810.
- Test Label (Word document). The label provides identification of photographs to be taken during the test process.
This EZ-Test Plan Template (Ground Mobile M512 6 Immersion 810H) is available for a One-Year License which is renewable for 50% of the standard one license purchase price.
Development of Test Plans
It is essential for product developers of defense materiel to conduct thorough testing at the developmental stage to avoid failures during operational testing that can lead to costly program delays. An important part in the development of a viable developmental evaluation program is to have well-constructed test plans that reflect the anticipated environmental factors when the equipment is installed on its platform of intended use.
Test Plan Background
Ground Mobile EZ-Test Plans have been developed based on CVG Strategy’s experience in MIL-STD-810 developmental test and evaluation for military vehicle components. Vehicle platforms we have been involved with include:
- M1 Abrams
- Bradley Fighting Vehicle
This military vehicle component testing experience has provided an understanding of expected environmental stresses likely to be incurred in the life time of a product, including logistical and tactical transport. It has also provided knowledge concerning the levels of these stresses applicable to realistic test parameters based on MIL-STD-810 methods of test. These parameters are based on requirements, global climatic conditions for areas of deployment, and expected operational stresses.
There are also various environmental conditions and levels based on areas of intended use on a vehicle. Where applicable, Ground Mobile EZ-Test Plans have separate profiles for vehicle exterior, vehicle interior (crew cab), and vehicle engine compartment. Each of these sub environments has specific characteristics that require specific MIL-STD-810 test parameters. Often this will require different test profiles and severities for components in a system. For example, an antenna mounted on the outside of a vehicle will encounter a vastly different set of environmental stressors than the radio mounted in the crew cab of that same vehicle. A properly constructed documentation with appropriate parameters will ensure a proper degree of testing as required in MIL-STD-810.