Are you currently ISO 9001:2008 certified and need to implement a transition to ISO 9001:2015?
The ISO 9001:2015 quality management system standard, released September, 2015, the fifth edition of one of ISO’s best known and widely accepted standards. More than 1 million companies and organizations are formally certified or registered to demonstrate their compliance with ISO requirements. All companies currently certified to ISO 9001:2008 will be required to update, or “transition,” to new requirements within 3 years. Deadline for ISO 9001 transition is September 23, 2018.
ISO 9001:2015 – The Impact on Business
For small businesses especially, 2015 is a significant change. The requirements have expanded from 14 pages in ISO 9001:2008 to 20 pages 2015. It has expanded, a 42% increase in the size of the standard! New areas such as Leadership, Context of the Organization, Risk-Based Thinking, Documented Information, Process Approach and others are new for 2008 users.
Overall changes to the structure and terminology make the new document a bit difficult to match up with the more familiar 2008 requirements we’ve all been using. CVG Strategy has a process that simplifies your transition and provides a step-by-step approach to prepare your company for re-certification and compliance to ISO. What many are looking for is simple, practical advice for small businesses quality assurance on questions such as:
- What are the significant changes in the new standard?
- How will they impact my company?
- What will the registrar require in an transition from 2008 to 2015?
- Will a consultant be able to help me with a transition plan?
- What should we do first?
ISO 9001:2015 – certification for quality
Quality Management System
The ISO standard is the world’s most widely recognized Quality Management System (QMS) certification. With more than 1 million companies certified in over 170 countries, ISO defines regulatory requirements for companies who want to ensure that their products and services consistently meet customer requirements and continually improve their business processes. ISO 9001:2015 is the current version of the standard that can be applied to any size company in any industry.
Companies that implement the requirements of 2015 and achieve certification commonly find benefits such as:
- Higher levels of customer satisfaction
- Increased business efficiency
- Lower unnecessary costs
- More reliable quality of processes and products
The other key benefit of the ISO certification is qualification as a supplier for many customer contracts and other business opportunities. ISO 9001:2015 is widely used as a supply-chain requirement and the number of industries that recognize the value of ISO as a purchasing criteria continues to grow.
The ISO 9001 standard was just revised in September 23, 2015, by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Companies have until September 2018 to be certified to the most recent version of the ISO 9001:2015 Standard.
Consulting Support for ISO
CVG Strategy has qualified their ISO consultants ready to help you achieve a certification. Our subject matter experts are Exemplar Global Lead Auditor Certified for ISO 9001:2015.
- We will upgrade your QMS documentation to meet the requirements of ISO 9001.
- Provide training that will help you easily demonstrate the use of risk-based thinking in your management reviews, quality plans, design processes, etc.
- Provide tools to avoid auditor misinterpretation of areas which no longer require formal documentation.
- Our Exemplar Global Certified Lead Auditors will conduct a pre-audit of your company to the new standard and assure you pass your recertification audit under the new standard.
- This will be accomplished with limited disruption to your business, minimizing time and costs.